If you live in...

If you live in...

Colorado, Alaska, Delaware, Louisiana, South Carolina or Vermont (and possibly Minnesota, Ohio, and New York) and you want to get wasted without all the hassle of actually drinking, you better think about moving.

Colorado is the latest state considering prohibiting “Palcohol” amid concern that it will increase underage drinking. The product is marketed as an ounce of rum or vodka in powdered form, which is then added to water.

We at Blackout Island don't take this erosion of our civil liberties lightly. For those patriots who find they are prohibited from purchasing powdered alcohol (if and when it ever actually goes on the market), we give you this simple procedure for making your own (via Popular Science - which oddly enough is neither popular nor science).

  1. Weigh out 100 grams of N-Zorbit into a mixing bowl. Because the powder is so fluffy and light, this will be a sizeable mound.
  2. While whisking steadily, drizzle in 30 grams of high-proof spirit (use Everclear - go big or go home). After you've stirred it in completely, the powder should be dry, but somewhat chunky. If it's still moist, sprinkle in a little more N-Zorbit.
  3. Sift the dry liquor through a fine sieve to break up the chunks and make a nice powder. If you're making a larger batch, you can do it in a blender and step 3 won't be necessary.


via The Guardian